Paying, first competitor 20 euros next competitors 20 euros each in the same boat.
Equipment will be inspected before we allow you to start
- helmet (bicycle helmet is a no-no)
- you should be able to swim, the water is cold!
- life west
- deck ropes or similar from where the vessel can be pulled to the shore if needed
- extra flotation fastened to the vessel. When left alone in the water, it should float mostly over the water surface
- spare paddle for each paddler in classes K & C
- kayaks must have spray-cover, kanoes must have flotation bags
- SUP-paddlers - serious recommendation - elbow & knee shields and wet/dry -suit
- something warm to drink (non alcoholic) in a thermos
- spare clothing to every paddler
- First aid kit, hypothermia blanket, bandages etc, full-loaded phone fastened to the competitor in watertight box/bag.
- phone must include the phone number of the Quest´s safety manager
(+358 50 3456 935)
- copetitors minimum weight 45 kg (due to hypothermia risk)
Kayaks, K1, K2, women, men & mixed
Canoes, C1, C2, women, men & mixed
Rowing, solo, multi, women, men & mixed
SUP, women, men & mixed
Packraft, women, men & mixed
Open Class, make suggestion to the organizer
We go according to the rules of The Finnish Paddling & Rowing Association.
Only in Finnish, sorry.
Every finisher gets a medal.
There is no insurance covering the competitors.
You are on your own!
You must be ready to help fellow competitors. If you see that there is a rescue operation going on in front of you. Try to stop in a safe place and wait until the operation is over. Note down the time & reason you are stopped, it will be deducted from your paddling time.
Ring III (Kehä III) and The Vantaankoski Rapids
This part will be passed overland. There is a road to be crossed, be careful!
40 km start is (Kylmänojantie 339, Nurmijärvi) below Myllykoski -rapid
Check in at 09:00 Start at 10:00
20 km start is (Tapolantie 26, Vantaa) above Königstedt -rapid
Check in at 11:00 Start at 12:00
The goal is a pedestrian bridge by the Haltiala Manor Park.
(Korkmaninpolku, 00690 Helsinki)
Sponsor & Vantaa Marathon stickers.
You have to put them on to your vessels outside, above waterline surface. You have to use the competition number in a visible place during the race.
Write your questions as a comment to this blog, so everybody sees both the questions & answers.
Register here >>>
Wishes Hevossaaren Hampparit